Saturday, April 11, 2009

King Snake


This is Lampropeltis getula, or commonly known as the common kingsnake. I found this guy at a park next to the Germantown Charity Horse Show on Poplar Pike. The day was sunny and warm and all the flowers were blooming. My family and I were taking pictures of all the flowers when I heard one of my family members scream. I ran over and saw what she was screaming at. This guy was just cruzing along minding his own business when I started to follow him and take pics. I got two other nice clear pics before he disappeared in a hole. The habitat was prime for a kingsnake to be living in. There was a stream nearby that he could get water and plenty of birds, chipmunks, and squirrels for him to eat. I hope to one day see this snake again when I back over to take pics of the flowers.

Rebecca Thorne (Memphis)

No comments: