Monday, April 27, 2009

Fowler's Toad


This little guy was in my backyard. This is anaxyrus fowleri. It took me a little while to id him with the help of my professor and TA. These guys hardly like to show themselves to us, especially during the day. I believe why they were out was because we were sucking the water off of the pool cover to get ready to take it off, so the toads were out trying to get some easy pickings. It was a nice sunny day with few clouds. The wind was a gently northerly wind so it was not too hot for this toad to be out. There was another one around but I couldn't find it. I tried picking this toad up and he puffed up. I thought that was so neat when he did that and I got more pics of him like that. He was a little camera shy but I got some good pics.

Rebecca Thorne (TN)

No comments: