Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can't get much easier than this...


Tonight I was just sitting in my den eating pizza when I thought I heard the call of Fowler's Toad (Bufo woudhousii fowleri). When I went outside to check, I found a whole bunch of them sitting around my goldfish pond trying to get lucky. I caught one to get a positive ID, and thanks to the telltale paratoid glands and warts, I was able to correctly identify it. I also want to say how cool it is to have this kind of environment in your own backyard; it really is neat to be able to see what nature has to offer without having to travel to a remote area. I also think it's great that these animals still find ways to breed and live even with us infringing on their natural habitat. I just hope that some of the offspring live so I can get more toads next year!

1 comment:

Rakesh said...

Get direct flights to Rio de Janeiro right away at Crystal Travel. Our direct Rio de Janeiro flights are available from all the leading airports in the UK. We offer direct flights to Rio de Janeiro with the most profitable airlines.