Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Class Mascot


RED TAIL BOA
Boa constrictor constrictor



I vote that our class mascot be the Red Tail Boa, Boa constrictor constrictor.  Our class had the opportunity of meeting one in person at the South Carolina Aquarium.  Her name was Rosy and she was a huge hit with our class. She was very docile and such a beautiful animal.  Even though Red Tail Boas are not a local species, they are very interesting.  Being a snake enthusiast myself, I believe that the Red Tail Boa should be our class mascot because after meeting Rosy, I heard many people say that they were able to overcome their fear of snakes just by meeting and/or holding her.  I don't like the stigma given to snakes.  They are beautiful creatures and I was very pleased that we were able to prove just how pleasant they can be!

Tatiana Reinhardt