Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No Such Luck

So I went exploring tonight to try to find a frog around my apartment complex because I always do seem to find them when I walk my dog but never have my camera. Unfortunately, tonight I had no such luck. I was really looking around, but it was dark, so they probably all hopped away before I even saw them. I do however have a pond near my apartment and I guess tonight is a particular good night to find a mate because there is an entire chorus outside. My guess is that they are Green Tree Frogs (Hyla cinerea) based on their call. I provided a video for audio purposes to hear the madness going on around the pond! I also did hear a Bullfrog (Rana catesbeiana) call a few times but you can't hear it in the video. Enjoy!



(Deena Russell, SC)

1 comment:

Herpetology Class said...

Thanks for the audio!! I wonder if you'll be able to see some green treefrog tadpoles soon!