Sunday, April 25, 2010

Team Slytherin


Madeleine and I were walking in the water right by a fallen tree. Someone had said they had seen a snake fall from the tree and into the water so they were searching the side. As we walked by I noticed it swimming in the water and pointed it out to Mad. I quickly grabbed its tail while she grabbed it up towards the head. Thank god I grabbed it from the back because she got bit.

Regina septemvittata, commonly known as the queen snake is common in the area. It's main source of food is crayfish which were very common in the area and could be seen swimming along the floor.

The queen snake had a brilliant coloring and was very vibrant. It had the dark and light stripes running down its back. It was a decent size, around 2 feet and it felt great finding a larger size snake. Also glad it didn't bite me.

-Alex Hauenstein

No comments: