Monday, April 25, 2022

Class Mascot

 

                                                                    Class Mascot Nominee 

The species I nominate for our class mascot is the Chelydra serpentina which is the eastern (common) snapping turtle. I think this should be our mascot because on one of our fields on March 22nd, we saw one and it was a fierce little guy that was angry and everyone was very excited and sort of scared it would harm us (but we knew it really wouldn't). It was nice to see us come together as a class and think how adorable the little snapping turtle was while it opened it mouth to show it's tiny peak shaped mouth.
Also, I've liked turtles since I was a kid. My mom use to buy me and my brother a turtle and I remember always wanting it to walk around the house without miss placing the turtle so I would tie a  balloon around its shell.

1 comment:

Allison Welch said...

Such a fun turtle to observe!