Friday, April 22, 2022

Class Mascot nominee


For our class mascot, I nominate this baby Common Musk Turtle, or Sternotherus odoratus, that we had the pleasure of encountering on our last field trip to Donnelley Wildlife Management Area. I believe they were named Squirt. At first, Squirt was shy and stunned, then after a while they became very comfortable and quite confident and active to the point they were practically running off my classmates' hands. I think this baby musk would make a good mascot because their personality represents how we as a class have also grown in our confidence. While Squirt grew more confident in their ability to walk on human hands, my peers and I grew more confident in our herpetology knowledge throughout the course. Also, just look at those eyes and algae covered shell... too cute. 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I nominated Squirt too!! I love your reason too its so sweet <3 We really did grow as a class and I hope that Squirt will grow just as much!

Allison Welch said...

What a great nomination for a tiny turtle!