Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A New Mascot?

Hey guys! So, when trying to pick a class mascot, I tried to keep in mind things what we've had the opportunity to see in person on field trips as well as in lab, and I've decided that our class mascot should be...

Our local Eastern Ribbon Snake!!! I chose this to be our class mascot not so much because of what it is, but because of what it's reminded me of personally. I know no one expected this virus to come and shake up our lives in the ways that it has, but I feel that we have all responded with strength, fighting to the end to make the best of the situation. We've all had to adjust to things that we may not have been comfortable doing,  and I know many of us have had the opportunity to learn a little bit about ourselves and how we react to unexpected situations. I was reminded my experience of this specific snake because it was the first snake I can recall holding by myself with utmost confidence. I've never been afraid of snakes per-say, but I've never held one by myself before like this. I felt kind of empowered doing so? I don't quite know where I'm going with this, but I hope the sentiment comes across? We've come all this way, and I hope we can take this strength and apply it to everything we do as we move on in life. Thanks guys for a great semester!!! I had a lot of fun and learned a lot, and I hope you all did too!
Alexa L.


2 comments:

Juan Barcenas said...

That sounds good to me! That trip was probably one of the most fun experiences I've had in a class too. The Eastern Ribbon Snake is an excellent choice and has my vote!

Allison Welch said...

I love it! I'm so glad you enjoyed this field trip. And what a great connection. I hope we all will come through this time of adversity with newfound strength and courage.