Sunday, April 22, 2018

Class Mascot Nomination: Chelydra Serpentina

For my class herp nomination I would like to submit the Chelydra serpentina, also known as the common snapping turtle. We saw the Chelydra serpentina on our first class trip. From the very beginning this herp let us know about it's temper when it proceeded to cut open my finger with it's claws. This species left a remarkable impression about this class as it brought joy through my pain for my entire class. It is truly a herp that I will never forget, especially because it scarred my finger.
Image result for chelydra serpentina

3 comments:

Allison Welch said...

Memorable, indeed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I would never forget that either! That snapping turtle put up quite the defensive fight, haha. Sharp claws and a sharp beak! Truly amazing turtles you really don't want to mess with!