Thursday, April 5, 2012

Updates from Jamie Burns

Gotten all the tadpoles and mollies caught. I even managed to catch a small snake in the tadpole trap ( Nerodia transversa), but he killed himself trying to get out of the trap (sad day). We are hoping to start collecting data soon!!
Also, we went out in lab today and found 2 Texas Blind Snakes. I hope to get all of these pictures up soon!


Upcoming project
My name is Jamie and I will be doing a project testing competition between tadpoles and the invasive sail fin mollies in the local creeks. I am hoping to collect my "test subjects" sometime this week!

Turtle traps!
Our class went out into the field today. This was a first for me. We also set up some smaller traps, and I really hope we catch some tadpoles. We could hear some Cricket Frogs in the back ground, an some of the girls and I caught one in the grass (I swear I've seen more cricket frogs than people these past few days). But we're planning to go check out the traps tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Allison Welch said...

Good luck with your project, Jamie!