Saturday, April 7, 2012

SNAKES ON A PLANE!

So we all know and love the horribly bad movie starring Samuel L. Jackson Snakes on a Plane. While reading through the news a few days ago I came across this article where there actually was a snake on a plane. The snake found is known as the Golden Tree Snake, but I prefer its other name, the Ornate Flying Snake (I know I couldn't make this up if I tried). Basically in this article the pilot was flying a small two engine plane out of Darwin when this little guy poked his head out of a gap in the instrument console. The snake then proceeded to slither near the radio control button, and as this snake is mildly poisonous. While the poison is not considered harmful to humans the pilot had to be very careful as he notified the control tower that he was coming back because he could not really inspect the snake as he flew the plane. This article was probably aimed toward the general public, but I don't see the author of the article having any agendas as this was more a piece about a snake being in an odd place and less about the snake itself.

Here is a link if you want to check out the article for yourself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125423/Snakes-Plane-Reptile-cockpit-forces-Darwin-pilot-make-emergency-landing.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a great Blog.
Regardes from Germany.
http://suedafrikaimmobilienundreisen.blogspot.de/

Allison Welch said...

Beautiful snake! But I'm glad it wasn't me in that cockpit...