Monday, April 21, 2008

Trip to the SC Aquarium

It was more exciting than I expected! It was really hard for me to narrow the pictures down that I wanted to post...but I did it. The first is a picture of a Diamondback Terrapin (Melaclemmys terrapin) giving kisses. I also decided to put a picture of another terrapin posing for the picture. I also included a picture of Alligator mississipiensis, Cryptobranchus alleganiensis [ http://www.hellbenders.org/ ] and of a drawing that looks like it came straight from one of our lab worksheets.

2 comments:

Herpetology Class said...

Posted by: Kim Alford
...I always forget to put that- sorry!

Herpetology Class said...

The trip to the aquarium was indeed exciting. We got to see firsthand the "behind the scenes" of where the turtles (diamondback terrapin, loggerhead, snapping turtle) that are brought in for treatment are kept and treated. Also, toured where food for most of the mammals, birds, reptiles was prepared.
(sana siddiqui)