Thursday, April 25, 2019

This Is The Most Unique Little Turtle In The World


A couple of months ago I came across a video of a turtle, "Hope", on Facebook. This video stood out to me because I have never seen anything like this. The second I started watching I knew I had to share it with you guys! The commentary of the turtle's owner is a bit distracting but overall crazy that Hope was able to survive with this birth defect. The video is of what appears to be a juvenile albino pink bellied sideneck turtle that was born with a hole in it's plastron. Upon further investigating, I assumed this birth defect was a result of selective albino breeding. Thought you guys would want to check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=449679532237518


Naturally, Hope's video has gone viral so if you're interested in following Hope's journey, follow her owners instagram: aquamike23

1 comment:

Allison Welch said...

Very interesting to see her heart beat. Unfortunately, breeding for rare traits like albinism can lead to genetic anomalies due to inbreeding (same with some dog breeds). Glad her owner is giving her such good care.